I posted once before on emails I received from Michelle MacPhearson. And I’ve
stolen borrowed from her before. These are things she claims that she would never do. My comments are in bold.
- Check analytics more than once a day
- Begin the day without a plan: I’m Guilty
- Refresh – refresh – refresh Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Use social media to chat with people
- Keep instant messaging clients like Skype open
- Take personal calls or appointments during the work day
- Prioritize any activity over SHIPPING
- Spend more then 15 minutes in Google Reader in the morning: I’m guilty
- Spend more then 15 minutes in Gmail in the morning
- Promote any product I haven’t personally vetted
- Make graphics
- Let my enthusiasm for an idea cloud my interpretation of the keyword research
- Use free tools when a paid one is faster and more powerful
- Install sites & configure settings / plugins
- Write content for niche sites
- Enter niches that are trendy within IM (forex, acia berry, etc.)
- Choose niches based on personal interest
- Complain about Google
- Get caught up in launch frenzy / fear of loss when considering a purchase
- Buy more tools when the current ones I have are being underused: Guilty.
- Buy any product that doesn’t fit my business model
- Spend any time in forums: The Challenge encourages it. They call it market leadership.
- Think “tricks” or “secrets” will improve my business
- Accept any rank less than #1 for a site’s main keyword
I would probably have more bolded items, but I just haven’t had time to commit all those sins.