Wow. It’s been a long time since I posted here. I hope I can make it with a bit more regularity.
Anyway, with my Challenge blog, which worked properly for a long time all of a sudden quit working. Whenever I atempted to add a photo I ended up in a sort of no where limbo. The same thing was happening with another blog I had. Nothing I tried seemed to work.
After some time I managed to discover that the problem was the W3 Total Cache plugin.
Once it was deactivated the blog again worked as I wanted. I am using WP 3.0 and the plugin was Version 0.8.5.2. I did not investigate an update for either.